Sports Medicine / Fitness News
The latest Sports Medicine News & Fitness News articles published daily. Includes news on sports injuries, injury prevention, treatment, maximizing peak performance and exercise physiology.
- Fri, 11 Jan 2019 11:00:00 +0000: Exercise can help fight off Alzheimer's, but how? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Why does exercise have a protective effect on our memory? A new study conducted primarily in mice identifies a major factor that determines this effect.
- Wed, 09 Jan 2019 08:00:00 +0000: Does this common food additive stop us exercising? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
New research, conducted in both mice and humans, finds a strong link between the consumption of phosphate and reduced levels of physical activity.
- Tue, 08 Jan 2019 19:00:00 +0000: How to tell if you have a femoral hernia - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A femoral hernia occurs when tissue pushes through the muscle wall of the groin or inner thigh. Symptoms include a lump and sometimes pain in the area. Diagnosis may include imaging tests, and there can be complications. Learn more here.
- Thu, 03 Jan 2019 00:00:00 +0000: What to know about a stiff neck - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
The neck may grow stiff for many reasons. Some common causes include sleeping awkwardly, having bad posture, and slouching for long periods. Treatments can involve applying heat or ice and getting a massage. In this article, learn more about the causes and treatments for a stiff neck and when to see a doctor.
- Mon, 31 Dec 2018 08:00:00 +0000: Can exercise lower blood pressure as effectively as drugs? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
The most common treatment for high blood pressure consists of taking specific medication, but could regular exercise bring the same benefits?