Sports Medicine / Fitness News
The latest Sports Medicine News & Fitness News articles published daily. Includes news on sports injuries, injury prevention, treatment, maximizing peak performance and exercise physiology.
- Fri, 22 Mar 2019 20:00:00 +0000: Can home remedies help regulate your period? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Certain home remedies and lifestyle changes, such as diet and exercise, can help people to regulate irregular periods. In this article, we look at home remedies that are backed by science, along with those that are not, such as eating turmeric and pineapple.
- Thu, 21 Mar 2019 18:00:00 +0000: What to know about a bulging disc in the neck - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Potential causes of a bulging disc in the neck include being overweight and being inactive. Exercising may help. Learn more about bulging discs in the neck, including why they develop and how to soothe them, here.
- Wed, 20 Mar 2019 07:00:00 +0000: 10 minutes of leisurely activity per week may lower death risk - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
New observational research in a large cohort has found a strong link between leisurely physical activity — even in low amounts — and a lower death risk.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 06:00:00 +0000: What to know about MCL tears - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
The medial collateral ligament, or MCL, of the knee can tear due to injury and cause pain. Treatment depends on the severity of the injury. Learn more about MCL tears here.
- Tue, 19 Mar 2019 03:00:00 +0000: Can CBD help you lose weight? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is a natural compound that comes from the cannabis plant. Some people claim that it can aid weight loss by supressing appetite and burning fat. Learn more here.