Sports Medicine / Fitness News
The latest Sports Medicine News & Fitness News articles published daily. Includes news on sports injuries, injury prevention, treatment, maximizing peak performance and exercise physiology.
- Fri, 13 Jul 2018 10:00:00 +0000: Gut bacteria and heart health: Is there a link? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A first-of-its-kind study finds a link between having a healthy heart and having a diverse range of beneficial bacteria in one's gut.
- Thu, 12 Jul 2018 14:00:00 +0000: How does exercise help consolidate new motor skills? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
If you want to pick up a new motor skill, you may want to do some exercise between practice sessions. This helps your brain remember better, but how?
- Wed, 04 Jul 2018 19:00:00 +0000: Is time-restricted eating effective for weight loss? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Time-restricted eating is a diet plan that requires people to limit themselves to only eating during specific hours of the day and then fasting outside of this period. Here, we look at what time-restricted eating is, whether or not it works, and what effect it has on muscle gain. We also provide tips for beginners.
- Wed, 04 Jul 2018 18:00:00 +0000: How do you get rid of a lower back spasm? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Lower back spasms can be debilitating, but they are treatable. People can get immediate relief from muscle spasms by using home treatments, such as stretching and massage. For long-term treatment of chronic back spasms, doctors can prescribe muscle relaxants. Learn how to treat and prevent future lower back spasms.
- Wed, 27 Jun 2018 15:00:00 +0000: Product review: The desk that's also a bike - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Could a desk that doubles up as an exercise bike really work in an office environment? We were intrigued, so we trialed the FlexiSpot Deskcise Pro.