Sports Medicine / Fitness News
The latest Sports Medicine News & Fitness News articles published daily. Includes news on sports injuries, injury prevention, treatment, maximizing peak performance and exercise physiology.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 13:00:00 +0000: What are the main functions of the muscular system? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
The human muscular system is complex and has many functions in the body. These include mobility, stability, posture, circulation, digestion, and more. There are several different types of muscles that enable these roles, including skeletal and cardiac or heart muscles. We explain all about the muscular system here.
- Wed, 25 Apr 2018 12:00:00 +0000: What to do about a hyperextended elbow - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A hyperextended elbow can occur when the elbow moves outside its normal range of motion. This can result in a variety of symptoms, such as pain, swelling, and muscle spasms. Treatment involves rest, using a brace, and sometimes, surgery. It can often be prevented by using proper techniques during sporting activities.
- Tue, 24 Apr 2018 14:00:00 +0000: ALS: Most physically active have '26 percent higher risk' - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A large study conducted in three countries provides good evidence of a link between a history of vigorous physical activity and the risk of developing ALS.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 14:00:00 +0000: Sitting harms brain health, regardless of exercise - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A small study of middle-aged and older adults reveals that more sitting time is linked to greater thinning of a brain region that is important for memory.
- Mon, 16 Apr 2018 07:00:00 +0000: How active are you, really? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Can you accurately gauge your daily levels of physical activity? A new study suggests that individuals may be a bit overconfident in self-evaluations.