Sports Medicine / Fitness News
The latest Sports Medicine News & Fitness News articles published daily. Includes news on sports injuries, injury prevention, treatment, maximizing peak performance and exercise physiology.
- Thu, 20 Sep 2018 16:00:00 +0000: Stroke severity reduced in those who walk regularly - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
A study of people who had strokes finds that symptoms were less severe in those who did light to moderate exercise, such as 4 hours of walking per week.
- Tue, 18 Sep 2018 17:00:00 +0000: What are the benefits of protein powder? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
People can use protein powder to supplement their protein intake, help build muscle, aid muscle recovery, and encourage healthy weight loss. In this article, learn about these and other health benefits of protein powder. We also cover the different types of protein powder and when and how to use them.
- Mon, 17 Sep 2018 13:00:00 +0000: What are the best exercises for bat wings? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Strengthening the arms can help improve the muscles and promote fat loss. This can help to improve the shape of the arms and reduce excess and drooping skin that is there. This excess skin is sometimes known as "bat wings" or "bingo wings." Learn more about how to get rid of bat wings.
- Tue, 11 Sep 2018 20:00:00 +0000: What are the most healthful nuts you can eat? - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Nuts are one of the best sources of plant-based protein, and they provide a wide range of other nutrients and healthful fatty acids. A diet that contains nuts has the potential to improve both heart and overall health. In this article, we take a look at six of the healthiest nuts and their nutritional profiles.
- Mon, 10 Sep 2018 21:00:00 +0000: Seven exercises for shoulder arthritis - Sports Medicine / Fitness News From Medical News Today
Arthritis can affect any joint in the body, including the shoulders. Keeping the joints mobile can relieve arthritis symptoms, such as pain and swelling. In this article, we explain how to perform specific shoulder stretches to improve range of motion and strength. We also cover how to exercise safely with arthritis.